Friday, February 15, 2008

With Rings on her fingers...


The other day I decided to make a bunch of rings and do an experiment with texture. I was very please with the results. Now I have a physical reference of the different effects that I can get out of the different hammers I have.

I decided to list these as the 7 sister. Why? Well first the obvious...there are 14 rings with 7 styles of hammering. 7 are left in a Matte finish and 7 are oxidized. The name "Sisters" comes from my mom. She collects vintage Danecraft silver bangle bracelets and she refers to them as "The sisters". They are all different but from the same family. I liked how that sounded, so I borrowed the phrase.

A batch of coordinating earrings, bracelets, and necklaces are in the process of begin made. I am working on a set that are a high shine finish as well.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: