Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail to the Chief!


Today was a momentous day in history as we watched the swearing in of Barack Obama as our 44th president. I know I should feel moved by it all...and I do..no disrespect to any of the leaders past or present. But I have to say as I watched Bush walk down the steps with Hail to the Chief playing, and the commentators making a big deal about it being the last time it is played for him, all I could think of was that presidential comedy My Fellow Americans with Jack Lemmon, James Garner, and Dan Aykroyd. There was a conversation about what lyrics the 2 former "presidents" sing to themselves when they hear Hail to the Chief being played. So for the rest of the inauguration I was distracted by silly lyrics I was coming up with for my own version of the song. Needless to say, my husband was not as amused by my lyrical ability as I was. Oh well!

No comments: