Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eternally / Internally at odds with myself!

Okay, so how many of you have been pigeonholed into a stereotype? Well I was always good at math so of course I had to go to school for Engineering...and now look at me! I am a stay at home mom who has turned her jewelry and metal crafting "hobby" into a business. Not very engineer like of me. I have often struggled with the Artist and Engineer in me but never had something to quantify it (okay, that is a little on the nerdy engineer side).

I was reading another blog written by a fellow etsy artist Loose Wire Studio and she had these test results showing what percent of her life was controlled by the left vs right lobe of the brain. Well I had to take that test and here are my results...

No wonder I have such inner turmoil between my artistic side and my anal engineering side, I am a 50 /50 split. How about you?


You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.



The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.

Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.

If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Clever Endeavor said...

Hello. I know the feeling of being a hybrid. I am a civil engineer by day and obsessed with metal clay at night. Good to know there is another jewelry artist in the Champaign area. Love your stuff.