Sunday, October 30, 2011

“If You Give a Cat a Cupcake” kind of a day…

For those of you with small kids in your life, you are probably familiar with the silly antics in the book “If You Give Cat a Cupcake” by Laura Numeroff.  For those who don’t know that book…If you give a cat a cupcake, he'll ask for some sprinkles to go with it. When you give him the sprinkles, he might spill some on the floor. Cleaning up will make him hot, so you'll give him a bathing suit . . . the antics continue throughout the day and finally you end up back at home, giving a cat a cupcake.

I find that I occasionally have days like that where you are so busy all day long but in the end you are just where you began again…well sort of.  For me it was if you give a kid a pancake…then I somehow knocked the spatula behind the stove.  So then I have to get it which requires me pulling out the stove…and I see all of the nasty dust bunnies and other goodies that collect under the stove, so then I wonder what is behind the fridge…and while I am at it I might as well just really give the whole kitchen a good cleaning and mopping, especially since I live in a 110+ year old house nestled amongst the cornfields and it is harvest season (meaning it is loosing battle with the dust right now).  And then I decided if I am doing this why don’t I try to re-arrange the kitchen a bit…and so on.

Now here is it now evening, I have a spotless kitchen, but I still have 2 kids who want their pancakes…breakfast for dinner anyone?  I do have to admit, knowing that my Kitchen is scrubbed clean is a good feeling…maybe tomorrow I will scrub my bathroom too...or maybe not!

 

sink-Lo-Fi

No comments: