Friday, April 9, 2010

Shared Space: An Artist Coop

Today is the official GRAND OPENING for Shared Space: An Artist Coop.  It is conveniently located in Downtown Urbana, Illinois
in the Main Street Plaza building nestled amongst a variety of wonderful eateries and eclectic shops.  Parking is never an issue with the options of metered street parking out front or the parking garage located on the East corner of the block!
SSC


You ask why I am so excited about the opening of this gallery….well It is because it now offers me a new location to sell my product.  And more excitingly…they are soon to expand and will have space to host classes!  I have a list of classes I want to teach, just my rural location is not conducive to hosting classes.

I stopped by the gallery yesterday (with my 2 little side kicks) and brought a variety of items to set up as a way to test the waters.  I was impressed with how well stocked it was and how organized the staff were.  You could hardly tell that they were  in the fray of getting ready for the big launch.  Fortunately for me, my kids were moderately well behaved so I could get my business done….oh the joys of running a artistic business and juggling little kids!  I was also impressed with the random foot traffic that they were getting.  I hope that was an indicator of how visited the shop will be!
LMW-at-SSC-2
lmw-ssc
If you are an artist looking for a spot to call home, contact Shared Space by clicking this link to the contact page.  Membership info will be on the website soon.  You can also follow the Shared Space: An Artist Coop on Facebook.  Also stop by on April 17 for the Boneyard Art Festival an meet me as well as several of the other artists!

No comments: