Thursday, March 5, 2009

Been a bit busy lately!


I know, I know....New Years commitment #1 was to try to blog more. Well I did have best intentions, but I have to admit, I have been a bit busy lately! This is a good thing is it not????

Well normally I would say bring it on, but right now I am 7 weeks away from having a baby and I am 7 weeks away from my son being 3....and we have a house that is constantly under renovation. So I don't have a lot of free time, and what time is free, I feel totally worn out. It has been hard to see that all of my business building efforts are coming to fruition and I am having to put the breaks on. So far I have had to pass on at least 3 great wholesale / retail opportunities because I know I will not be able to keep up with demand for a few months, countless custom orders, and other stuff. Fortunately most have been understanding and are willing to keep in touch for a Fall line opportunity.

I also had a string of orders thru my Etsy site and my Luster Website. This has been great, but now I am feeling a little nervous about taking a hiatus for a maternity leave. I have this compulsion to keep going even though it is not reality for much longer. I don't want to sound like I am whining, I am not, I am just feeling a little overwhelmed and over ambitious with what I am wanting to do. Maybe it is just the hormones talking!

So here is my plan:
  1. Make inventory for items I know are my best sellers and put the rest of my offerings on hold for now.
  2. Spend time comming up with concepts for a Luster Fall Line relaunch. If I have them nailed down a bit now, I will have an easier transition.
  3. Analyze markets to target and ways to advertise.
  4. Blog more!
  5. Network a bit so I don't fall out of the loop.
  6. RELAX!!!!!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: