Friday, March 6, 2009

The Mommy Quiz... 7 weeks to go for #2!


We have all seen these running rampant, so I thought I'd post some of my answers! Fridays are my countdown to #2 days. Current date for c-section is April 24. Beside us is a photo of James from March 2008. This is to remind me that it will get warm enough to play outside soon!

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, we tried for a few years to get prego.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? So shocked since it was our 1st month back to trying after a m/c

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 31

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had a dream a few nights after the "deed" where my grandmother came and sat on my bed and told me I was pregnant, it would be difficult, but in the end it would all work out fine and that it would be a boy....and boy was she correct. So I literally took a test every few days for about a week until I saw the faint hint of a blue line appear. The called the doc and had a blood test.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Chris, my husband of course!

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? YES...I don't like surprises.

9. DUE DATE? April 28, 2006

10. DID YOU DELIVER EARLY OR LATE? I went in on April 28 for a standard check up and the doc sent me over to be induced..."fetal distress"...but they never saw any distress at the hospital, we think the timing was just good for her, which is fine due to the fact that the hospital was experiencing sever overcrowding at the time and that day there was a lull. Well long story short...24 hrs later I had made no progress other than my water breaking and then they realized the baby was breached and off to an emergency c-section for me!

11. Where did your water break? At dinnertime in the hospital...it was the TV style water balloon gush.

12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?Anything drowning in vinegar

13. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? The baby...I had pnemonia from 7-8.5 months of pregnancy and he gave me a broken rib AND a separated rib at the same time during that phase. I wanted him OUT!

14. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILDS SEX? A BOY!!!!

15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope, it took the "pressure" off for future kids....but looks like #2 is gonna be a boy too....

16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? almost 60, but that was due to immobility during the rib break / sickness phase.

17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, My mom-in-law tried her best to put one together for me. It is hard when all teh family si far away. But it was a good time.

18. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew

19. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yup...low placenta, bleeding, brain cyst on the baby (but went away), 0 dilation / 0 effacement by 40 weeks, induced for 24 hrs with NO pain killers due to NO progress but suffering from severe back labor, then the emergency c-section, and then within hours James developed the blood incompatibility type jaundice and had to stay under the billy lights for all but 15 mins per 3 hrs...UGH!

20.WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Carle Hospital

21. HOW MAY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 24 hours until they realized after shoving a finger in that he was butt down not head down.

22.WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I walked over from the doctors visit....very irritated as Chris and I had big plans for a yummy lunch after that doc appointment....not a trip to the hospital!

23.WHO WATCHED? Chris, and he actually watched James get extracted from my belly.

24.WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-section.

25.DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes for the c-sect but not much post recovery.

26.HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9 lbs

27.DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? Yes the blood type incompatibility jaundice

28.WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? James Augustus Harbourt

29. HOW OLD IS YOUR CHILD TODAY? He will be 3 on April 29...ironically baby#2 is due that day!

No comments: