Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Search Term Tuesday!

Welcome back to this weekly installment of Search Term Tuesday! This is when I take some time to explore my shops Google Analytics with you and share some of the fascinating ways people have come across my shop. All of the search terms selected were from visitors that found my shop and stayed to browse for at minimum 5 mins.

This weeks common theme is “Vintage” search strings. I LOVE vintage items and I have the desire to use more in my work, maybe these will serve as inspiration to me.

vintage style plastic glasses

I first looked at this search term and thought obviously it must be eye glasses. I do love vintage eyewear and really think that a lot can be learned stylistically by studying vintage glasses…eye glasses







Then I put the phrase in Etsy’s search and it came up with a lot of drinking glasses as well. It really goes to show how important it is to think about the words you use to describe an item!

Glass cups







vintage vinyl record cases

I have great memories of all the old vinyl records my parents had and the special furniture pieces that were dedicated to their storage. I often wish we still had the old record cabinets from my youth because it would make a great storage cabinet for my coils of silver and copper and other raw materials I have now. I did a quick search to see what items would come up with this string, and I found this lovely record tote.

There is a interior shot of it and if you look carefully, you will find that it has “American Jewelry” written on it. How Ironic! Hmmm….maybe it will be a future purchase for me…record case tote

vintage save the date

I really enjoy seeing this search term. In today's era of e-vites and electronic communications. It is great to see that some people still send out a tangible note to let you know that your presence is requested at an event. And even more sweet is the thoughtful sending of a Save the Date card so that people can plan, well in advance, to attend your event. This not only helps with time management to schedule vacation time to attend, but also allows you to save money to pay of attending the event. Depending on what stage of life you are in, you may have a jam packed season of weddings to attend, and that can get a bit pricy!

date

I hope you enjoyed this installment of Search Term Tuesday.

Just remember that no matter how you found me, I am glad you did!

ps...The images in this post are not mine. If you click on the photo, it will take you to the Etsy Listing for the item shown.

No comments: