Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Untraditional Duo, Make a Traditional Looking Necklace

One day I was playing in my studio and I had some scrap copper sitting next to a Crazy Lace Agate stone. I loved how much they looked together that I decided to merge the two together. This lovely 2 sided necklace was the result.

The copper bezel and twist wire were all created by hand and the resulting item has a feel of an old, slightly worn Victorian locket. I pared it up with a 60" piece of organza ribbon to further accent the antique locket effect. The ribbon allows the wearer to change up the look just simply by how the the pendant is attached.
lace-1
I have a feeling there will be more of these types of convertible items to come!  Keep an eye out!  This one is listed in My Etsy shop.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklace...I love copper but never thought to use it as a bezel.